Jun 20, 2014
With graduation celebrations (May 23-25), Alumni Weekend (June 6-8) and PAA Days (June 8-10) behind us, Parkview Adventist Academy is looking to the future!
Here are some things to keep an eye out for in the 2014-2015 calendar:
- Pastor Myles Gillespie will continue his ministry on the Hilltop as the Youth Pastor for the College Heights SDA Church and PAA looks forward to the arrival of Pastor Ted Deer, of Regina’s Hill Avenue Congregation. Pastor Ted is both a PAA and CUC alumnus whose experience working with Man-Sask youth at Camp Whitesand and coordinating international service projects will be welcome at PAA.
- Melinda Purviance, 2014 CUC graduate and PAA Practicum student, will be joining the staff fulltime in the fall. She will take over some Biology and Religion courses. Melinda’s musical expertise combined with her athleticism and love of the outdoors make PAA glad to have her energy on board.
- PAA is committed to working toward a one-to-one program for incorporating digital tools and resources into the classrooms at the same time as a revised and long-awaited ESL program is in the works. Asian student recruiters have shown a keen interest in PAA because of the campus resources, student academics, and the fact that international students at Canadian host-schools tend to have fewer challenges than those in other western countries.
- In addition to all of this, PAA students will have the opportunity to enroll in an educational tour to France to commemorate the anniversary of D-Day. This is a once-in-a-lifetime European encounter! The group will visit historic sites, museums, and landmarks like the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Lourvre, and the Juno Beach Centre.
- PAA would also like to extend an open invitation to all Alberta’s Adventist Jr/Sr high students: Bring your voices to the Lacombe campus for our Fall Music Festival (October 30-November 1, 2014). We are looking forward to the collaborative celebration of song and skill including all Adventist school choirs and Adventist students who may not be part of a choral group, but who just want to sing!
Thank you for your continued prayers as we work to provide a safe environment in which students can learn and know Christ. Make sure to come visit us at Campmeeting in the PAA tent where we’ll have lots of fun with daily games, activities, and give-aways for the young people!
For more information about any of our programs or events, please contact the PAA office at: 403-782-3381 x4111